Our Society deplores the decision made by Southwark Council to close Livesey Museum. It originally opened as a library on 18 October 1890 and was a gift from George Livesey, Chairman of the South Metropolitan Gas Company, to Camberwell Vestry which ran local affairs until Camberwell Borough Council began its work in 1900. The library was replaced by North Peckham Library in 1966. The Victorian building was reopened as the Livesey Museum by the poet Sir John Betjeman on 30 March 1974. What will now happen to the statue of George Livesey and other historical items which are exhibited in the courtyard?