Our editor was consulted by staff in Southwark Local History Library about a picture that had been sent for identification. He was excited when he realised that it was an 1834 painting of the High Street in Peckham. On the left it shows a small part of Hanover Chapel and one of the houses was recently listed by English Heritage. The artist was C. Kirshaw. The painting has the date 4 August 1834 and the subject is numbers 1,2,3,4 and 5 High Street, Peckham. The shop on the extreme left is a baker’s shop and it is believed that the landlord of the shop was Edward Early. The original painting is in Perth, Western Australia and a copy can be seen in Southwark Local History Library.