Pioneer Health Centre doctors honoured with plaque

An English Heritage blue plaque was unveiled at the original Peckham Pioneer Health Centre at 142 Queen’s Road, Peckham, on 26 March 2009. This was to honour Drs George Scott Williamson and Innes Pearse who founded the centre in 1926. Dr Margaret Pelling of the Wellcome Unit for the History of Medicine, University of Oxford, spoke about the Blue Plaque scheme and the role that Drs Williamson and Pearse had in founding the Peckham Experiment at number 142.